In search of a den.
ooc: Somehow I can't help but feel that I rambled a bit in this post. Oh well ^_^, hopefully it still reads just fine.
600+
Rath nodded and smiled back at Cwmfen, feeling quite relieved that even his negative personal traits, or so he called them, were accepted by the regal wolfess. Rath found the female's mannerisms quite fascinating. His lack of experience in social society led him to analyze those he came in contact with mostly out of a desire to learn from those around him, but a part of him simply found other individuals fascinating. He was snapped out of his analytical thought process by Cwmfen's suggestion that they should head south.
"Berwick? Yes, I seem to remember Slay mentioning the was the name of the other town within these lands," he thought out loud, his brow furrowing as he quickly sifted through the memories of his conversation with the much larger, black and white wolf. When he heard the wolfess mention a forest, his ears perked up in interest. Having a forest nearby would be wonderful for gathering the materials he needed for his work. However, he would have to find some tools first.
"I do not mind travelling. I have spent the past six months travelling north from my former home until I reached these lands. It wasn't always pleasant, but I gained an increasing appreciation for nature," Rath couldn't help but chuckle quietly to himself as he remembered the many times he had become so amazed with something he had never seen before, only to later realize that that particular something was incredibly common and he had just not taken the time to notice it before.
He continued on silently until he heard the black wolfess' alto voice suggest to him that he seek out the pack's resident musician, Mew. "Her name is Mew Sadira, am I correct? I heard about her from Slay. He said I should meet her and see if she had any tools I could borrow until I find some of my own," Rath replied, recounting a minute detail of his conversation with the male who had first welcomed him to the lands of Dahlia de Mai. The tall, reddish brown brute followed Cwmfen silently for was seemed like several minutes before the black, blue marked she-wolf inquired as to the extent of his woodworking abilities.
He pondered for a moment, all of the things his father had taught him before uttering his reply. "It depends upon what tools I have available to me, but I can make furniture of certain varieties. Nothing to elaborate, but enough to serve the purpose they are desired for. My father even built the house that we lived in. He knew far more than I do, and I regret to say that he passed away before he could teach me everything he knew," he replied, somewhat saddened that he had not yet practiced how to make many of the truly useful things one could craft out of wood. He had spent most of his time making the instruments he so loved to play. The rest of what his father had taught him had simply been the basic construction of furniture. He wished he knew how to repair homes, that way he might truly be useful to this pack. His gaze countenance grew sad momentarily before the brute returned his attention to the wolfess he was following.
"I'll need to find some tools before I can make anything, however. That's my next order of business after finding a suitable home," he laughed half-heartedly. "By the way, I don't remember thanking you for leading me to Berwick. I really am quite grateful. Thank you very much, Cwmfen." He hoped that thanking the warrior wolfess would divert the subject from him temporarily, enough for him to gather his thoughts and regain his composure. He had been foolish to bring up the subject of his parents for the subject saddened him so. Hopefully, that would be one area of his life that he could avoid talking about for a short while at least.

Messages In This Thread