In search of a den.
ooc: No worries ^_^
600+
Rath nodded in silent thanks to the black wolfess for her compliment. He had loved his former home very much, and enjoyed talking about it. Hearing her compliment his description of it made him happy, as though he had somehow repaid the land he hailed from by sharing its beauty with another. Turning once again to Cwmfen, he nodded before responding to her words.
"I really am quite comfortable here, and not just because of the land itself. Being welcomed to these lands by Slay and then you, Cwmfen, has made me feel comfortable as well. I can only hope that the rest of my fellow pack mates will be as hospitable to my quirky personality." Rath smiled as they neared the homes that resided close to the forest. He heard Cwmfen mention that there were more good reasons than the one he had mentioned about living near the forest. His brow furrowed momentarily as he attempted to think of one of those other reasons, but he quickly dismissed the thought, deciding it was better for him to focus on finding a home.
Now that they were close enough to the forest's edge, Rath headed towards the first home that caught his eye. It was a small, single story structure that appeared from the outside to have at least two rooms. He would have to see what it looked like on the inside. However, the tall male stopped in his tracks as Cwmfen asked him yet another question. What co-rank was he interested in? He thought for a second, both trying to formulate an answer and decide what a co-rank was at the same time.
"By co-rank do you mean a sort of job? If that is what you mean, then I supposed I would be a carpenter. Carpenters are individuals who make things out of wood, like me. At least, that is what I have been told." Rath smiled once more and shook his head, chiding himself for his uncertainty. "However, as you said, it will likely be some time before I am able to attain a Co-Rank. I may not know much about pack-life, but I do know enough that new members like me start at the low end of the social hierarchy." After finishing his response, Rath continued toward the home he was about to investigate.

A deteriorated, wooden gate, hung across the overgrown path that led to the front porch. No unfamiliar scents filled the area surrounding the structure, signaling Rath that this home was most likely uninhabited. His gleaming green gaze searched the front door before landing upon the rusty metal knob on the front. With his stronger left hand, Rath grabbed the door knob and gave the rusty mechanism a brisk turn, opening the front door. The scent of dust and stale air greeted the reddish brown male as he stepped through the door. His initial assessment from the outside had proven correct. The small dwelling had not two, but three rooms. One large room, about ten feet by twenty feet, was the first room that Rath wandered into. It contained only two items which signified its former use as a human abode, a large, wooden table in the center of the room, and an aged brick hearth whose chimney Rath had observed from outside. The other two rooms contained nothing, except the one which contained an old, dusty, and slightly moth-eaten mattress.

After surveying the house, Rath turned and exited the structure, turning to Cwmfen as he did. "I think this place will do just fine. No one else seems to live here, so I think it’s safe to say I've found a home." The ruddy male smiled and nodded in affirmation of his own words. "What do you think of it?" He turned and looked at the house before once again resting his gooseberry green gaze on the warrior. She had asked him so many questions that he felt it was his turn to seek her opinion on his choice of a home. After all, if the higher ranking wolfess gave it her approval, then he would feel even more assured of his choice.

Messages In This Thread