You're wise beyond your years but I don't care
[html]
ooc:

Loss was a hard thing for anyone to deal with, and each individual would take it a different way. Naniko usually got more involved with whatever else she was doing in her life when she lost someone. When Anu had left the Commander had focused more on her pack duties and on keeping up with what was going on with her family. She wanted to stay connected with them, and now had more time to visit them all. She tried to take she and Anu's breakup as a positive thing, to try and spin it around. She didn't like to think of the fights that they'd had or what they had argued about any longer...she just wanted to forget everything. Or that they'd ever had anything at all.

Now she could do what she wanted without worrying about it. Jazper spoke of his parents dying for him--something that had happened in his past. She didn't know much about his previous life, only that he was here in Souls...and that had been all that she had really needed to know, as a leader. As a friend, though, she ought to know more about him than that. Now she did, about his parents. "Mine didn't. They just abandoned me instead. I don't know which would be worse." She said back, just as sharply.

It seemed to her that Jazper was dealing with his loss by being angry about it. You could be angry for a while...but what good would it do you? He was letting it control him. She considered hitting him, of giving him a good hard slap to force him out of it, or shouting at him...but as soon as she moved he seemed to get better, letting out a whine. He had beaten it.

He offered his arm and she took it gently, frowning as she examined the scratches. She would have to keep that description in mind when she met newcomers, to see if any of them met the criteria. Or any strangers that she met outside of the pack. Anyone who threatened the life of one of her children and one of her pack members would get it from her, one way or another. Eventually she would come across them. She unscrewed the top of one of the jars, dipping a cloth into it and patting it over the wounds. They had been left without medical treatment for a little while, but it wasn't too late. "It hurts, doesn't it." It could be taken two ways--about Garnet leaving, or about his scratches.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread