a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
[html]

Out of Character

*chews on you*

Word Count: 448

In Character

She was on her way home after yet another long few days of searching for Dahlia's missing children. All she had were a few dead ends, and nothing else. It was growing more and more likely in Kol's mind that the kidnapper was one of Dahlia's own, and everything by now was pointing straight to their mother herself. Kol knew that Firefly would never in a million years harm her own children, but she also knew how badly the woman had been hurt by her mate. Staging the kidnapping of his sons would be an excellent way to hurt him back. It was the absolute last scenario that the Circee would have liked to have been the real one, but every dead end and fruitless search only made her more and more suspicious. The scout had yet to voice her feelings, however, and she continued to search the territories of Souls tirelessly for any sign of the boys, hoping she would turn out to be wrong.

The afternoon found the girl walking tiredly through the Sugarwoods, her Luperci body in the small, energy-conserving four-legged lupine form. It had been days since she had seen the packlands, and all she wanted right now was her comfortable mattress in her little house by the cemetery. A smile creased the wolf's lips as she thought of how the location of her domicile had initially spooked Elliott, the handsome male who seemed to have captured her usually distant heart. The cemetery was still not his favorite place, and so most nights spent with him had been at his own residence, a sturdy treehouse constructed by Elliott's own two hands. It still amazed Kol how he'd done it, and how quickly he'd been able to complete it. The male's love of building was similar to the Stormbringer's love for jewelcrafting when it came to using the talents of their human-like hands.

As thoughts of the male waiting back in Dahlia filled her mind, another male entirely filled her vision ahead. He was striking, all white, and wearing the oddest hat and scrap of cloth she'd ever seen. His strange clothing was shadowed only by the even stranger activity he was engaged in. The optime was screwing holes into the trees, then screwing something into them, and finally hanging a bucket from them. Kol had never seen anything like it, and for the moment the tired ache in her muscles was forgotten as she brazenly made her way over. "Afternoon stranger! I'm afraid my curiosity's gotten the better of me. May I ask exactly what you're doing out here?" She tilted her head as she spoke, her tone friendly and inquisitive rather than rude.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread