There's nothing there, it's like eating air
[html]

OOC: I'll get this closed and archived, thanks for threading with me

The girl backed away slowly. He would tell Naniko and Anu, the horrible coyote would tell her mothers and she would never be allowed out of Crimson Dreams, never be able to see anything of the great outdoors, and all because of her own foolishness, because of her childish desires. Brooklyn didn't want anyone finding out she was here, didn't want anyone to know how she had snuck out and run away, like an errant child. The word 'backup' caught her attention and her eyes narrowed slightly. Oh, there would be no fears here, not any more. I brings my brother, you see. I ain't afraid of you, coyote. The last word was spoken with malice, the wolf in her blazing forth.

His last words were lost on her. The girl got up from where she'd been crouching and stared at the adult before her. Perhaps in different circumstances she would have cared more, she would have been more polite, much friendlier. Maybe they could have been friends. There was much those older than her could teach, if only she stayed still long enough to listen. But threats and fear would go nowhere, especially not now. She silently trotted out the pack lands, her tail held high, an almost innocent reaction. It was stupid to have gone on like that, she knew, and once she was out of sight of the coyote lands, she ran and ran, until the breath escaped her body, until she was safely home, a place that no longer felt quite as safe, or quite as homely.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread