thread title missing
[html]
ooc

She really enjoyed her time with Salem. He had always been the quiet one, the thoughtful one. She wondered at times if he had recieved a part of his personality from his grandfather, Naniko's father Roman...or maybe from her mother Kaelyn. She didn't know. Or perhaps someone from Conri's side. The girl had barely known her parents before they had left her to Physe and then, a month later, Iskata. So she wasn't sure what they were like.

It was nice to know what all of the pups were up to. Often she would ask one of them for news on the others if she hadn't seen them that day. Normally she saw each of them once or twice a day, sometimes more, sometimes less, and checked up on them if they were staying in the mansion. They were old enough now to practice hunting on their own, but she would always offer them a meal if there was food in the cache down in the basement.

Naniko wasn't sure how to take his question. Children had their curiousities, she sure had when she'd been his age, and she had known that the inquiry would come someday. It wasn't natural for her and Anu to be together, not two females. Nor two males. That wasn't how pups were made, after all, and it wasn't how families continued down their lines. She could only be honest with him--her relationship with Anu had been a choice that she had been certain of at the time, but she hadn't thought about how it would affect the pups and their future relationships.

"Well..." She started a little awkwardly. "It depends on the pup's parents. Your father left before you were born, so without Mama Anu there to help take care of you there would have only been me. It's very hard for a mama wolf to take care of puppies all alone. Most of the time the father stays. But sometimes if the father leaves, then the mother needs more help. I'm very lucky that Anu came to stay with me and help take care of you guys." Naniko stopped sweeping, leaning on the broom handle a little. "But...yes, I suppose. Most of the time, pups have one dad and one mom."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread