Sharks in the water
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
The gray wolfess cringed as the commotion continued. DaVinci's howl rang, stern and clear through the air, and it cut through her. Frustrated, she struggled to prop herself up, at the very least. God knew if that insane yellow-eyed creature would come back. The least she could do was make herself less of a target. Her breath hissed out through her clenched teeth as she braced her sore legs and try to raise her neck. She hated to be so prone, so helpless. So useless.

She felt relief when DaVinci, bedraggled, but whole, came back into her sight. She flinched as he came toward her, a sort of unsure expression on his face. Geneva had no idea how she must look, but she knew how she felt. Geneva had never been in this much pain or shock before, and she tried desperately to have a handle on it. Her eyes traced DaVinci's form even as he investigated her body for damage. She let her eyes linger on every hair out of place. This was her fault, all her fault. She had brought this down upon him.

Geneva closed her lime green eyes when DaVinci tried to comfort her. That was the last thing her all-consuming sense of guilt needed. His concern was almost heart-shattering to her. "I'm not sure," she said, hating the shocky edge of her voice. "This was first time I've ever..." Fought? Brennt had wiped the floor with her. "I've never been hurt like this before," she finished. She stretched her body, wincing as she was finally able to pull herself up from the ground. It was a struggle to rise even the smallest distance, but she was able to drag her chest from the ground, her legs positioned at an awkward angle to keep her from the ground. "I don't think anything is broken. I think everything is mostly...ripped, or something. I don't know." She swallowed. "Are you okay?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread