Sharks in the water
[html]

Geneva gritted her teeth as she pulled herself completely upright. She could barely stand DaVinci's concern, but she swallowed it down. He seemed fine, completely unaffected while she seemed to be falling to pieces that scattered into too many different directions. She closed her eyes, listened to her breath rattling in her throat, and pulled herself forward an inch. Her body strained in protest, sharp and dull pains shooting through her. She suspected that these pangs would be her companions for a while, and that she had to get used to them one way or another. Anything was better than staying here, lying around like a piece of filthy meat.

"The...," What would she call him? She clamped her mouth shut around the word 'monster,' keeping it from escaping her lips. How much of a fool was she anyway? "He lingered around the borders...and I had a horrible feeling. I told him to get lost...almost baited him. This was my fault," she said, shuddering. She kept lime green eyes on the ground as she moved, cursing how slowly her body required her to travel.

She felt panic shoot through her at the thought of returning to the farm. It was a safe place, her home now...but she didn't want to come across Jefferson, not like this. And she didn't know why. Still, that fear seemed tantamount to any other. She jerked suddenly, eyes wide with pain and worry at the movement. "I think...I think I can get there on my own," she said lamely.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread