Kind mommies say monsters don't exist [m]
Feel free to have her successfully attack his neck while he's pushing her back, provided she doesn't open arteries/veins. My apologies in advance for any power-play, let me know if you want me to change something.

The predator was halfway through eating the children when another wolf entered its field of vision. It sought to quickly gorge itself, but the creature began to shift, and a defensive instinct kicked in almost instantly, compelling it to raise its eyes and bare its teeth at the interloper, before beginning its own shift. Even unshifted, it was still large enough to battle her, nonetheless, overconfidence was not something the predator indulged in. With alarming speed, it began to grow in bulk. It wasn't finished before it received her charge, however.

The two beasts clashed over the remains of the slaughtered puppies, two beings who weren't quite wolves, black against gray-brown. Fur flew from the ruff around the predator's neck, and blood seeped from a shallow wound near its jaws before it pushed with all its might, locking onto the shoulder of its enemy with its fangs and driving her backward. The growl built up to a crescendo before exploding from between its jaws as it tried leveraging its assailant to the ground. The last of its new muscles slid into place, and it set its feet into the ground, pulling her over, away from its neck.

This wolf wasn't the same as the other two...not the guardian, for it was on no pack territory. No, this wolf was just an enemy, and not one it had met before. Again, a wolf sought to steal prey from its very jaws...not a battle to be taken lightly, for certain. The creature knew no shame, and therefore no fear at being discovered this way. Its ferocity was equal to the indignant fury of any wolf at having its prey stolen. Its eyes, keen and sharp, were indistinguishable from those of the ancient wolves, from before the virus. Brennt wasn't all there, no, but something more primordial was, and no social contract held it back from what it sought. This would be a dire battle, indeed.

Messages In This Thread