Kind mommies say monsters don't exist [m]
Works for me =P And to your earlier statement, I too am a big fan of fight threads, at least ones where the end is pre-determined...otherwise they can get bogged down by narrator-battles DX Also, since I don't know if either of us ever said it, Lex, you're good to jump in at any time.

The smaller combatant managed to weave out of their hold, an act which a creature of the predator's size and build was unlikely to achieve. One of her forelegs brushed sharply passed as she fell to all fours, possibly an attempt to do some harm as she disengaged, but she still managed to put sufficient distance between them by the time it turned around to prevent an immediate grip of her hind-quarters, which the beast might have used to drag her down again. While Brennt was slow to think and often slow to act, he had the instincts necessary to be a vicious opponent, but those instincts were only accessible when all the strictures of society were pushed from his mind, generally not something he could do consciously, but something which occurred naturally in response to certain stimuli. Among these was hunger, another was physical harm. Brennt, for all of his shortcomings and failures as a person, made a fine animal.

The predator's head hung low, and its jaws parted. Wide eyes locked onto Kol's, and the creature quickly crossed the short distance to its adversary, hoping to secure the neck in between its bared fangs. She had called out to someone. If a big male arrived, or even worse, a pack of wolves, the predator would be cheated of its meal, and forced to flee. Its instincts would surely allow it to end the life of such a weakened creature before its allies arrived, though. So its sense of things told it. The female was fading, and as long as it continually forced her to struggle to stay afloat in their whirlpool of combat, sooner or later she would flounder.

Messages In This Thread