I got a man to stick it out
[html]
Maybe fade to black in either your next post or mine?
300+

While there were things she missed about her home country, everything she had gained here more than made up for it. If leaving Italy and not getting to speak her native tongue as much was the price of being a leader of such a wonderful pack, having an amazing mate, and becoming a mother then it was a price that she happily paid. She did love the lands of Italy, but everything that had once held her heart there was gone. Ehno was here with her, her mother was dead, and only the gods knew where Ghita was. It wasn't a land that made a place home, it was the people in it. This place was her home now.

After he licked her nose she craned her neck to nuzzle him under the chin. The tip of her tail tapped against the floor. This is what she wanted. What she had always wanted. Not even in her fantasies has she been able to imagine it so perfectly. While he might have had his doubts about himself, at whether or not he was worthy, she never did for a second. She accepted him completely and wholly, faults and all. She loved him for everything he was and everything he wasn't. "You amaze me too."

It was only when he asked that she realized that she hadn't ever told him how she knew the language of this place. Looking back on it now even she was surprised she had had the opportunity. "I learned it when I was growing up, back in my birth pack. One of our members hadn't always lived in the pack, he had spent his life before coming there in the luperci port towns and he knew all sorts of interesting things. He asked my mother if he could teach us a new language and she consented. You know when I think back on it now, on how strict everyone was there, I'm surprised they let him teach us. Maybe the leaders didn't even know." She smiled brightly up at him. "Little did I know then how important those lessons would be. I'm beginning to think that everything happens for a reason. If it weren't for him we might not have been able to communicate," she said licking his cheek. "At least not with words."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread