Surrender what you are,
[html]
The big male growled threateningly as the girl tried to grab at the piece of jewelry he now held. He kept it easily out of her reach, his emerald eyes hard as ice as he stared her down. Then suddenly it was as if something palpably snapped in the air. The female's entire aura changed, her face falling from enraged to confused, and then finally to desperate and pleading. The Stormbringer's eyes remained hard, but his snarl faded as he watched her every move, her words settling into his mind as his eyes glared.

Taut muscles rippled beneath his crimson fur as he refused to relax his stance. He'd been caught off guard many times by similar tactics from the Stormbringers' longtime enemies, and this situation was no different. It mattered little that the tawny girl knew the names of his cousin and sister, for he probably knew the names of every one of the Dawnrunners that inhabited the Valley as well. But something in her eyes caught the male and held him, a sincerity he'd never seen anyone able to fake before. Ever so slightly, his stance began to loosen.

"So my sister brought it back to you, did she?" Still wary, he took a moment to finally take in her scent. She bore the same unmistakable pack scent that Kol had, and more than that, his sister's scent was intertwined quite intimately with this female's own. It was almost as though the two females shared a den or some such together. But still..."Why then? Tell me exactly why Aiden would give his most precious belonging to a female from another world whom no one even knew existed? It's a pretty story, little fugl, but just how much of it is true? And I'm assuming you're from the same pack, but exactly how close are you to Kol?" Kol had always been one of the smarter and more cautious members of his family, but she also had a notorious naive streak. Even she could be fooled and tricked if she'd place all of her trust in the wrong person.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread