Surrender what you are,
[html]
His expression never changed as he watched the shifting emotions play across the girl's face. Her honey eyes bespoke nothing but honesty in her words, and a pang of guilt lanced through his heart as she mentioned her time with Aiden with obvious regret and pain. His cousin must have hurt her badly when he'd left, and the anger he'd felt toward Alexey was quickly redirected at his blue-eyed kin. If he'd felt committed enough to the tawny girl to give her the one possession he treasured above all else, then why the hell wasn't the asshole coming back for her?

The muscles in the male's jaw clenched tightly as he pulled himself away from the female's face, his large paw-hand opening as he gestured for her to take back the necklace. His rumbling baritone was tinged with controlled anger and annoyance at the disregard his Oriel cousin had had for one who'd apparently meant so much to him. "Forgive me. Aiden was ambushed on his way to Solbjorg Valley, and when we realized his necklace was missing, we all assumed the ones responsible had taken it as a sort of trophy. No one had any inkling that Kol knew where it was all along. I guess that's what happens when everyone makes an assumption and no one asks a question; you look immensely stupid."

He sighed as he finished his apology, releasing the rest of his anger and tension as he did so. "My name is Dreyrugr, and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me for the misunderstanding. Aiden must be the most foolish male on earth to abandon a woman like you." He bowed deeply as he spoke, finally introducing himself properly, his green eyes twinkling as he complimented the girl. He spoke the truth as he saw it; Alexey had intrigued and impressed him so far, and it was probably a good thing Drey wouldn't see his cousin for a very long time. He was furious on behalf of the Koios girl, and Drey was not known for controlling his wild temper.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread