The pursuit of...
[html]

Words: 400+
Yeah, way to go~! ^__^

The direct question threw her off-guard, and her wide blue eyes fluttered for a moment, trying to invent a good answer to that question. What things did she enjoy? It was surprisingly hard to answer. She liked spending time with her little sister, Willow, but that was more of a responsibility than a hobby. She did not have a craft like Rath's carpentry, or her Aunt's music. She didn't even have a co-rank duty, like most of the other wolves she'd met. "Ah... Well... Flowers," she mumbled, hoping she wouldn't look like an idiot. "Growing plants, like a garden... that calms me down. I'm not handy like you are, b-building things and whatnot... and it's just something I use to pass the days, not really for enjoyment... I mean... I don't know what I mean," she stammered, nerve failing her. Her "green thumb" was something a little too personal to discuss comfortably, since it filled a need in her soul... the need to create, to look after something other than herself. She could not start a family, although she was certainly of age. She did not believe in the concept of pets, and she wasn't a good enough role model to look after other's children like Alexey did, as the pack Caregiver. So she spent her lonely days cultivating flowers, or at least she had before she came here in the dead of winter. It was nerve-wracking, trying to deal with all of these new faces and names and ranks and such, without the comforting habit of tending to her old garden. She watched him utilize the whippy twig as a new tie for his wild mess of hair, and swallowed hard, finding the inkling of courage to speak up again. "Sounds a little silly, doesn't it?" She admitted, meeting his intense pale-green gaze with hesitation. "But it's what I do. I'm not good at anything else." If he wanted to laugh at her petty idea of a hobby, then so be it. She would stalk off. It would be an excuse to leave, and besides, she didn't want to talk to someone who looked down on her. Coli found herself hoping he didn't, though. He did seem like a nice guy, and it was comforting to see that he was nervous as well. Overconfidence just crushed the shy girl. She needed someone on her level in order to speak openly, without her shields of defense.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread