The pursuit of...
[html]

Aww, I want to take a Latin class! Lucky! Sad
Words: 473

"Ah..." Coli exhaled slowly, deflating. "I... only just came to this climate. I haven't had the chance to grow anything yet. It doesn't get warm here?" Well, that would explain why the snow was so reluctant to go away. Would she have to rely on potted plants, the kind she could keep indoors? Things would get cluttered quickly if she kept as many as she had been hoping to. Deuce wouldn't be pleased. Her blue eyes grew distant, mind racing with possibilities. Well, there was always her original idea, keeping hidden gardens nestled in the forest. Hollowed logs would create their own fertilizer, but she lacked the tools to hollow them herself, and relied on nature to take effect first. More and more, this was seeming like an impossible idea! She would have to limit herself to what she could grow in front of the porch, then, and instruct little Willow specifically to ignore the plants. As if that would keep her away. Oh, mange-tailed mongrels, this was difficult!

Rath's vivid green eyes locked onto hers, and her train of thought quietly derailed. He was... fond of flowers? A big, practical guy like this? That was a surprise. Maybe he was just saying that to be nice. Although that would be even more surprising - why would someone who owed her nothing strive to be nice to her? "N-nature doesn't need my help," she stammered, cowed by his direct way of speech. She must look like such an idiot, and after he was being so patient, too!

There was a moment of awkward silence, in which she shuffled her feet in the forest loam, unsure of whether she should change the topic or excuse herself. She didn't want to go, not yet... Rath hadn't given her a reason to leave, and they had actually been sharing a relatively civil conversation. Thankfully, the hulking werewolf spoke up again, and Coli breathed a soft sigh of relief, shyly meeting his gaze again. "Oh dear, it's a good thing she stopped you! If it was a daffodil, and you had eaten the bulb, it probably could have killed you! There are a lot of plants that are p...poisonous... to, um, canines..." She caught herself in mid-blurt, a flush rising beneath her cream-furred cheeks. Now this was an even worse topic. Admitting that her favourite kind of flowers were the deadly ones? Far too creepy! It would scare him off for sure. She had never hurt anyone by growing them, but it was never a good idea to tempt pups with so many bright flowers together. Hadn't his story just proven that fact? Rath was busying himself by stripping the smaller branches off of the tree before them, so perhaps he had not yet noticed her discomfort. Perhaps she should just cut her losses, and flee...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread