The pursuit of...
ooc: Latin is incredibly hard to learn. I still don't have all the words memorized. It's so hard because you can't speak it. Well...you can, it's just that hardly anyone does.
Words: 400

When Coli questioned the climate of the area, the ruddy hued brute could do nothing but shrug his shoulder. "I'm not sure whether it gets warm here or not. Where I used to live it was cold and cloudy nine months out of the year. Most of the flowers completed their life cycles in the few months when the sun was given the chance to warm the landscape. However, I'm not an authority on this area's climate in the least," he replied, shaking his head slightly. Why had he even brought the subject of weather up in the first place? It seemed quite pointless to discuss. He continued to strip the branches from the trunk of the fallen spruce before he finally got up the courage to suggest a solution to the possible problem of an inhospitable climate. "I...I could build you a greenhouse. If you would like. Of course, I need to still find some tools to use, but once I find some I'd be more than happy to build it for you. If I do a good job, which unfortunately I can't guarantee as I've never made on before, you wouldn't have to worry about the weather too much. I'm not sure why greenhouses are so effective when it comes to growing plants. All I know is from what I was taught by others," he stuttered, not entirely sure whether he should have even offered to build something he hardly knew anything about. Granted, he had seen a couple of them in his travels, but most greenhouses had their glass panels supported by metal, not wood. Surely the same concept could work with a wooden support structure.
As if in an attempt to recover the conversation, Rath smiled and nodded before responing to the shy female's comment about the poisonous nature of daffodil bulbs. So far, his nervous ramblings hadn't driven the wolfess off. Why was that exactly? Perhaps he was becoming friends with Coli. That didn't sound so bad, the white flecked brute thought. No, in fact that sounded quite nice. In a sudden wave of confidence he spoke up once more. "I had no idea that daffodil bulbs were poisonous. That's fascinating," he smiled, nodding to affirm the sincerity of his words, "How many types of poisonous plants are there? I'd never considered that certain plants could be dangerous," he admitted, feeling somewhat foolish that he had not thought to learn about the dangerous parts of the nature he adored.

Messages In This Thread