The pursuit of...
[html]

OoC: Originally I was going to have Syphax speak some Latin, since it is a scholar's language nowadays. Smile But since I couldn't find good enough resources to pull it off, I just used it to name his sister, "Hiems" [winter]. Trivia!
Words: 500+

Coli listened anxiously as Rath explained his view on the climate; he used to live in colder clime than this, which explained his thick wiry fur. She didn't sport the same natural protection, and thus winters were frosty, uncomfortable times. She shivered, remembering the frigid winds she had encountered on her way to these lands. The summer sun would be a happy time for the shy girl.

Rath continued working diligently as she remained quiet, watching his deft hands snapping the twigs from the sleek base of the tree. He seemed most comfortable when his hands were busy, which was something she could relate to. He spoke again, hesitantly, and she jumped as his tenor cut through the encroaching silence. She smoothed her rising fur with her claws as he made her an offer... probably the last thing she had expected to hear.
"Y-you? Build a b-building for me? But, but... that would be so much work for you! It would take you such a long time, and I have no way of paying you or anything... I don't deserve anything like that, really. Th-there's no need!" She probably would have continued denying the offer, had she not thought it might hurt the poor fellow's feelings. That was a huge favor he was offering her, though, and while she would love to have the solitude and sanctity of her own greenhouse, there was no way she could justify the big werewolf having to build it. After all, she was one of the worst wolves in this pack! And all of Rath's talents and materials would be better suited towards building his own house, or working on storage sheds for possible crops, and things that would benefit everyone. But her own greenhouse... Coli bit her lower lip, torn. It would be amazingly nice to have.

Rath didn't seem fazed by her knowledge of poisons, though, and she slowly let her guard down again, letting her stiff posture relax. Why had he not driven her off yet? The white-flecked male was like no other she had met so far, in looks and personality, and to some extent she found it hard to understand him. He seemed a little on edge all the time, much like herself, but he was big, and strong, and male... Surely no one could hurt him, even if they tried. What was there for him to be afraid of? It was different to be a frail little girl, unwanted by family, barely protected by friends. "M-my birth pack taught me a myriad of poisonous plants..." she began shyly. "It's odd, because I can't recall any of their names, or even their faces, but the stuff they taught me stuck with me forever. See, my mother died in childbirth, along with any littermates I might have had. Since... m-my father wasn't her mate... he had me sent to live with her pack, away from here. So... those relatives took care of me for a while... but once I got a little older, and my mother's mate saw how much I looked like my real dad, they sent me back to live with him. That was the end of my education." She rubbed her nose, embarrassed by the story. That was a start, though; she hadn't admitted any personal things to Rath except for her green thumb, and now he knew what had inspired that. It was a connection to the heritage she didn't know, her mother's side of the family. The side she hoped she took after, rather than the twisted genes of her sire.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread