The pursuit of...
ooc: I could definitely see Syphax speaking Latin. If you want some help, try going to Words by Whitaker. I don't know the full URL but if you google it you should be able to find it. Its and online English to Latin and Latin to English translator ^_^
Word Count: 590
ic: Rath wasn't offended by the shy girl’s attempts to refuse him. In fact, her protests almost made him want to build her greenhouse even more. Yes, his mind was made up. He'd definitely build her a greenhouse. How exactly, he wasn't yet sure, but that wouldn't stop him from trying. "Coli, I want to build it for you. You need a place to grow your plants. I know what it's like to have a hobby that you love and to not be able to work at it for any period of time is an unsettling thing. I should know. I haven't done any woodworking or carpentry in almost seven months now. The only way I keep myself from going crazy is looking for tools, although I sadly haven't found any yet," he chuckled, trying to make light of his personal predicament. "You see, if you allow me to build you a greenhouse, you'd be helping me by giving me something to build and I could help you by giving you a place to grow your plants," he smiled in a friendly manner. He hoped his description of how his offer produced a win-win situation would persuade the chocolate and cream colored female to accept his offer.
His white tufted ears focused on the timid wolfess's words describing how she had learned about the plants she seemed to love so much. Her relatives had taught her. That was somewhat similar to how he had learned his trade, although unlike her his father had taught him all he knew. He didn't even know if he had any extended relatives, since his late parents had never spoken of any. "It seems that relatives are often some of the best teachers. My father taught me all about woodworking and carpentry. My mother taught me how to read and calculate various angles and other skills related to the mental side of woodworking and carpentry. I believe she called it mathematics or something. Talk about a headache," Rath laughed as he remembered the numerous times he had tried to hide from his mother to avoid being forced to sit and listen to her descriptions of how to calculate angles and how to calculate measurements. "I am sorry to hear that your mother died, Coli. I know how it feels to lose people close to you. Both of my parents died not too long ago," he sighed as he finished stripping the last few small branches from the fallen spruce. He would use the few large branches at the base of the tree as handles with which to drag the tree back to his home. Now that his task was done he turned and gave Coli his full attention. He did his best to hide his sadness on the subject of his parents, but his gooseberry green gaze betrayed his true emotions. Still, he wished to continue conversing with Coli, so he hoped that she would not be deterred by his sudden emotional change. He wasn't sure why he had told her that both of his parents were dead. That was a topic he rarely mentioned to anyone. He hated even thinking about it and yet he had felt compelled to tell her. Despite his best efforts to smile and appear unphased by the memories he had brought up, a lone tear managed to trickle down his face and drip off into the snow. Embarrassed he turned to the side, hoping to hide it. Males were not supposed to show weakness, especially strong, tall males like him.

Messages In This Thread