The pursuit of...
[html]

OoC: Ooh, thanks for the resource! <3 I was thinking we should wrap this one up, since it's getting a little old - plus I have a lot of threads with Coli going on right now, lol! This'll be my last post, so you can go again if you want to end it, or we'll just close it after this. ^_^
Words: 300+

Rath gave his amiable smile again, melting away her protests and concerns. It was a symbiotic approach; it would fulfill both of their needs, and neither would owe the other. Still, it was more than that, wasn't it? Because if carpentry was to Rath as what botany was to Coli, then building a construct would be a deeply personal gesture, one she did not deserve. Sighing, she bowed her head in acquiescence, silently pleased. She would love to have a greenhouse, even though she was not entirely sure what one looked like, or where Rath would find the glass. Having her own private building, one she could even lock up so no one could intrude... Her mind wandered, imagining the possibilities...

Her friend spoke again, revealing a glimpse of his own past in return for her admission. His parents sounded like loving, caring people; the sort that every child wanted to have, but so few did in this day and age. Coli let her ears fall back in apprehension, and maybe even a touch of jealousy...? Because she always wanted to know what it felt like, to be wanted and loved. She had been far too young to remember her mother, and no one had ever filled that role in her life. Being shuttled back and forth between various packs and the distant, unstable father she wanted to love but was never reciprocated... It made it very hard to trust people, as she did not know the meaning of trust. As Rath's eyes welled with tears, a single drop trickling down his muzzle from those vivid green eyes, she felt a pang of pity in her chest. It must feel even worse, then, to have a caring family and then lose them. The shy werewolf wordlessly outstretched her hand, intending to brush the tear away, but...

The overcast clouds above them finally gave in to their promise of spring rains. A few lonely drops pattered against the lattice of tree branches above them, and then one fat raindrop splattered directly onto Colibri's nose, making her sneeze. As the muddy ground about their footpaws grew wetter and wetter, the shy girl raised her arms defensively above her head, trying to protect her silky hair from the deluge. "I... I... it was nice to meet you, Rath!" she stammered, blue eyes filled with regret as her treacherous tongue could say no more. Then she turned tail and ran, huddled against the spattering raindrops as she dashed for the cover of her home.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread