baby you can drive my car.
The playful antics of the small black, red-traced female were a wholly new and delightful thing to Brennt. After being tagged, he ran to catch up with her, but found that she was much faster than he. While he would have found this to be a source of anger of jealousy had it been most other people, because it was Maz, and he liked Maz, he was just amazed at her speed. He was not a slow runner, he could keep up with a lot of people even though he wasn't built for high speeds, but hers was well and above any speed he'd seen before. When he finally caught up with her (he was panting too), he thought he should tell her so.

"You're fast," he said, a small degree of awe apparent in his voice. "Real fast. I've never seen a person go faster than you." His tone, which sounded as slow as it always did, didn't seem so out of place for one who was dumbed with awe. He looked back down to where they had been, and where they were now, and tried retroactively to measure how long it had taken her to cover the distance. This was clearly beyond his ability to process, but he knew that if he could find the answer, it would have been impressive.

"If you want, you could have the green one," he said, indicating one of the trash bins he had been using earlier. "It's the rolliest. I like the red one, though, because it makes the best sound." In truth, the red one did make a different sound, but he only liked it the best because it was the first one he had found. It had been the accidental bumping into and subsequent accidental rolling of the red rolly-roller which had been his initial discovery that all of the human rollers were fun to roll. As such, he felt a certain fondness for the red one which was not shared for all of the later additions to his collection.

"The green one goes fastest, though, and you go fast, too." He wasn't entirely certain how to say what he meant to say, but he hoped that she saw the same connection that he did. Clearly, since she was the fastest, it made sense for her to have the fastest roller.

Messages In This Thread