rolling stones
[html]
OOC: XD *tries to get this reply in before her boss sends her to lunch*

The girl's movement, and words, were a bit unexpected, but the male indulged her as she moved to a sitting position before him. Seeing that she had no intention of ending their little conversation, he pulled his legs into a cross-legged position beneath him, giving no signs of flinching or pulling away as she moved her scarred face closer to his. If she'd expected him to turn away or show her pity, she was mistaken. He'd seen his youngest brother ripped apart by his longtime enemies a mere few months ago; there wasn't much that turned his heart easily.

He took a moment to think before offering the blind girl his answer. "What do I see? I see a fiery young girl caught between a child and a woman, who more than likely lacks the self-restraint to keep herself out of senseless trouble. The few words you've spoken show me someone who believes the world owes her something, and that everything bad that happens to her is someone else's fault. I see someone who desperately wants to prove herself to everyone around her, including herself."

He paused for a moment, knowing he was only judging her on the few sentences she'd spoken and her mannerisms. Still, he didn't quite feel he was wrong, but there was more to her, or so he felt. "I also see someone with more determination and willpower than I've seen in a very long time, if only she would learn to use it properly. I think there's much more to you than either yourself or anyone else gives you credit for, but I also think it may take something very big to bring that part of you out. At least, that's been my experience with others I've known who you remind me of." He could have been completely off target with his assessment, but then again, Drey really didn't care. It had been the red girl that had asked his opinion.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread