To sleep, perchance to dream
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">
WC: 411
Since this is dated back in March, I thought it was getting a touch old... Want to wrap it up? C:

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

"I hear that," Slay agreed with a sigh. He had not learned much of anything as a youth, before throwing it all away. Certainly, had he the chance to repeat his childhood, he would have made all of the same decisions; it just felt like there was some sort of cultural void in his being, where he could have had some sort of beliefs to fall back on. Even though Cwmfen claimed to know so little, her knowledge was still vastly superior to his own. "I don't know what kind of Dreamer I am, but you'll be the first to know," he added softly, pale eyes pleasant. His old name sounded strange on his tongue - he was glad that so few souls around him knew it.

Her frosted-white eyes caught his gaze, and he smiled guiltily, ears tipped back with humility. "...You're right, of course," he admitted freely, his laid-back mannerisms trickling back. It was an insult to Cercelee, her pack, and the de Sadiras to call himself useless, since they all had their reasons to value his worth. It was hard for the self-conscious wolf not to doubt himself sometimes, but it was usually a lament saved for solitude, not for the company of friends. "The present becomes the past so quickly, it's easy to get caught up in it. But I should be more focused on the here and now, so thanks again, mate," he replied with a wink. Once upon a time, his flirting had embarrassed her, made her blush, even. But that felt like a lifetime ago, and it seemed both of them had moved on. They mustn't define themselves by the past.

The long-forgotten cottontail rabbit lay beside his muddy paws, rag-doll limbs limp on the cold ground. Seeing it reminded him of his original task, before he had fallen asleep on his way home. He would have missed Cwmfen if not for his involuntary slumber, so for that he was grateful, but... "I'd better get this little lad home." He rose to his paws, feeling his joints creak in protest after the inactivity. "It... was a pleasure speaking to you, my friend. I hope we can see each other again, sooner than last time," he added wryly - hadn't it been late autumn when they had spoken last? "And do feel free to visit the church whenever the mood strikes you. If I'm home, I'd be happy to introduce you to the little ones."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread