Picking up the scent; blood in the water
[html]

I just pp'ed that he finished shifting during my post if that's ok? I'll change it if not Smile
Word Count: 379

Dawali came closer to the male, and as he did he noticed he was in the process of shifting. Of politeness' sake he stood a little distance from him, perhaps a yard or two longer than he needed to. Some did not always like to be watched when they were shifting, and Dawali assumed his action was because of his presence. The male in front of him responded to his greeting with a blunt "hello" before continuing to shift, now halfway through, but Dawali said nothing, not wanting to interrupt. As he stood there watching, however, he noticed how the other seemed to have scars, multiple scars, and fresh ones, too. Some places on him there were signs of quite fresh wounds as well, and suddenly Dawali's open and hospitable mood gave way to a more suspicious one. In the tribe the warriors had scars, true, but this one had a fair deal. He did not smell like any of the packs he had encountered so far, either. And as far as he knew there were no actual wars going on that could explain these wounds. If he was not a joiner, Dawali contemplated asking him to leave. He did not like all of these scars... but his opinion might change once a proper conversation was started.

The Red wolf male waited until the male in front of him was done shifting before he did anything - it was only polite. He gestured mildly with his hands as he spoke, a habit he'd picked up by his father. My name is Dawali, Bone Bearer and sub-leader of this tribe. Can I help you with anything? Nothing in his behavior could give away his mild suspicion, although he assumed he had no reason to be suspicious in reality. He assumed the male would give him enough reason to discard the negative feeling once they started a conversation, because Dawali had not yet met a truly bad person in his life. He had a horrible way of trusting everyone, although after the attack on the tribe which caused them to move here, he had.. strengthened his intelligence on this simple matter. He would not trust any given stranger immediately, and especially not ones with many scars and close to fresh wounds.

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin
[/html]

Messages In This Thread