Can't unlove you
Firefly couldn't help but laugh in spite of herself as Emwe showed his pride and happiness at finding her and how quickly he dashed into the house. The golden bronze woman glanced about outside a second before shutting the door and shaking her head. She was greeted with the circle turning form of her son as he was declaring just how he'd found her. She grinned at the boy and leaned against the closed door as he explained in that oh so cute puppy way just how he'd came to finding the lowly ranked woman, aka mommy.

When he'd dashed over to press himself against her she didn't even stop to think as she bend down and groomed the top of his head as she chuckled. "You're going to be a mighty tracker when you grow up if you managed to find me that fast!" she cooed to her son, knowing that anyone else in the pack would have thought she was up to something if they'd seen the softer side to the bitch of a woman. She knew he deserved a world of praise but the world had come crashing down around her and though she had had it coming she hadn't been prepared when the storm hit.

She wrinkled her nose up when he spoke of not seeing his father all day. It figures she thought as she glanced down at the boy. He was old enough to have his adventures but she was surprised that he'd got past the rest of the pack. Alexey was probably already on his trail trying to track the boy. Not that Firefly cared if the caretaker found him here, he was still her son and she had just as much right to be with her child as his father did. She might not be part of the council anymore but she was Emwe's mother. Her thoughts were invaded though by the question that Emwe asked.

"Well, this is where I've got to stay now.." She glanced towards the window and the world outside as she spoke, not knowing how to explain to Emwe that she wasn't welcome in the home he shared with his father any longer. "I stayed here before you were born.. and now that you're older I've come back" He had a whole host of wolves that looked after him anyways. It wasn't like he really needed her there all the time. She'd done her duty and now he'd have to grow up a little and realize early that the world wasn't all butterflies and buttercups.

Messages In This Thread