nobody will break you.
[html]

Out of Character

XDDDDDD Why do I get the feeling there's gonna be a little bit of an argument here where everything gets settled? *coughs*

Word Count: 603

In Character

It'd barely been a day since the asinine fight with the puppy-eating lone wolf, and Kol was stiff as a board. Her endorphines had blocked the pain enough to get her and Alexey back to Dahlia, and more importantly to make a report to Cwmfen, but as soon as she'd hit her mattress they'd begun to fade away. The Koios girl had helped to get the Scout into bed, but there was no doubt she could tell that Kol was still seething in anger. She'd probably done the best possible thing by doing what she could and then leaving Kol to herself, because as her soreness set in so did her grumpy annoyance at her best friend for putting herself in danger. Of course, the root of that anger was truly directed at herself, for attacking that monster mid-meal when she was already dead on her feet had been the stupidest thing she'd ever done in her life.

Kol had been extremely lucky, truth be told, that her best friend had been somewhere near. By the time the Stormbringer had been able to cry for help, she'd had barely enough energy left to send the call very far. Aside from acting without thinking, the other aspect of the encounter that troubled Kol was the way her opponent had fought. It was as though there was no higher thought in his head than tearing her apart, and his eyes had glared with an intensity that bespoke something other than civil intelligence. He had not been stupid, far from it, but the beast had seemed possessed only of instinct during the melee and nothing more. The Scout had never fought anyone so primal in her life, and it chilled her.

The darkness that came with evening helped to soothe the wounded female's pounding head, and her gashes had mostly scabbed over and begun the healing process. She lay curled up in her secui form atop her mattress, knowing that the only thing more stupid than what she'd already done would be to attempt to shift and rip open her closing injuries. The halfling form was truly good only for battle, and it was usually the appearance she entertained the least amount of time in. It annoyed her to be stuck in it for the moment, but there was nothing she could do about it.

Kol had just managed to push the pain from her mind and drift off to sleep when a disturbing racket ensued from her side window. She'd locked her bedroom door upon Lexey's departure to keep unwanted visitors away, but she'd never thought anyone would be inconsiderate enough to use her window. The wolf's ears shot forward, a low growl rumbling in her chest until the noise at the casement took on an appearance, and the menacing threat caught in her throat. All she could do was watch as her lover pushed his way in, feeling too bad to even chuckle as he made his clumsy entrance. It was obvious by the look in his eyes that he was furious, and the rest of his face revealed a deep sense of worry at the same time. Kol had no idea how Elliott had found out about the ordeal so quickly (were it up to her, she'd have wished him never to know) and she instantly moved her lips to protest as he kissed her and layed the soothing cloth on her forehead. "Elliott, I'm fine. It's not as bad as it looks, and I'm not a child. I don't need to be fussed over; I've gone through a lot worse than this."

Table by Fishie!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread