hello darkness my old friend
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i41.tinypic.com/2hrctw6.png); width: 519px; height: 437px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 5px; position: relative; left: 100px; top: 55px; width: 280px; height: 300px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

Halifax

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

Rain ran down the dull gray buildings of Halifax with a steady rhythm. The masked coyote sat in a nondescript window, the glass of which was long gone. Every once and a while a drop of the cold liquid would hit the top of his hat or roll down his nose, but he sat there like a statue. Just watching the dead city sprawl out beneath him. For a moment he almost found himself missing the business of an inhabited city. At least in those places there was always something he could do. Someone committing some crime that needed to be punished. While it might be the same here it was harder to find. Sitting idle made the man restless.

True enough, he still needed to track down Conri Church. The man was a rapist and a possible mass murderer. He had so little to go on it was difficult though. He knew the man was missing a limb, but that was all he knew of his appearance. He had no scent. No location. Stumbling through the lands with nothing to go on was little better than waiting to find the necessary information. Not to mention he would be useless if he did find the man now. His run in with Cwmfen's sire had left him more debilitated than he had been in years. It was maddening to the coyote. So he had been staying mostly inside the city. The one place in these lands where the coyote felt any kind of solace and comfort. While his natural body may have been made for the forests, his mind was not. Honestly he was probably more human than coyote in many respects.

While only a few weeks ago he had thought about moving on once the murders were solved, that was no longer a possibility now. There was a much darker force in these lands now and Onus could not let it go unchecked. Something like that would go against every fiber of his being. Not only that, but he had promised the woad woman to protect her from her father's ill intent. He owed her at least that much.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread