In the Darkness You Came to Me
[html]

cake Thanks! Big Grin

cakeThe dark male watched her through his glasses as she rediscovered herself and her surroundings. He was silent, and patient, understanding where she was and what she ws going through; once, Bane had come too close to dying, but had been lucky enough to pull through the worst of it. It was that incident that had changed him, changed his life, and even now he was living out the consequences of his actions. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing. He stood still, ready to assist her should she show any sign of pain or discomfort. How had he found her? This was a question the philosopher inside of him could have dwelled on for the rest of his life. Instead, he simply smiled again. He had found her because he had been meant to. "Everything," he replied, and he paused then as if in thought before continuing, "everything I have lived through, everything I've experienced in my life, blackbird, led me to you." This, he understood.

cakeShe closed her eyes, those unique eyes he had never seen on anyone else, and spoke again. Her speech caught him slightly off guard and he glanced down at himself, at his chest, and found nothing excessive. There were likely a few wounds scattered here and there; nothing he would concern himself with. Carrying her from the site of the attack had been more physically tiring than anything else. "No," he replied in his calm baritone, returning his gaze to her. If he had been wounded, it didn't matter. This wasn't selflessness on his part. It didn't matter because it wasn't meant to matter. He decided then to fetch her some water, perhaps a blanket, but before he could move or speak, she had him by the wrist.

cakeIt was a gentle grip; she was weak from exertion, but it was enough to stop him in his tracks, enough to draw his full attention. It didn't last long before she relaxed. Nonetheless, Bane remained absolutely motionless, as if in his immobility he would find an answer. There was nothing, until she asked her question. Moving those few millimeters back to her side, Bane leaned over her slightly and replied, "I live here. This is my home." She would need to drink something. She would need to warm up more. Carefully he pressed a finger into the inside of her wrist, feeling her heartbeat against his skin while he continued. "It's your home as well, until you see fit to leave. You are welcome to whenever. Are you cold? Thirsty? Would you like to move to a bed, or perhaps something more comfortable?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread