In the Darkness You Came to Me
[html]

cakeAnd leave he did. Bane knew vaguely what she felt. He knew hopelessless and weakness, but had long ago abandoned these things to time. They were vague memories. The day he would die would be an exciting one, and with the fervor of a martyr he looked forward to it. There was no hopelessness because he now knew that there was no such thing as hope. There was no weakness because he knew now that life was one great lesson. One day he would learn everything he had always been meant to know, because he knew -- knew -- he was meant for so much more than the world could offer. Trial, failure, came before mastery, and inside his head he heard the roar, the whisper.

cakeIn the kitchen, he gathered a bottle of water and some of the fresher meat he had caught earlier in the day; he kept most of it frozen in the shed in the backyard, but this was better quality and she, the lady, deserved nothing less. He knew she might not eat, might not want to yet, but this was irrelevant. The needs of the body came before the needs of the mind, and he would attend to both (in whatever way she wished him to.) Bane carried these things, along with a blanket, back to the blackbird, and sat next to her on the cushioned seats. He rested the blanket atop her legs and the water and meat on the floor by her feet. Then he touched her face once more, much as he had the night they had met. There was a bit more meaning to the unspoken gesture, but it was still strong, intense, unforgiving, again, just as it had been that first night; Bane would never be anything less then these things.

cake"Tell me." He said this simple, implying with his deep voice, which was still quiet but equally strong as his touch. "Tell me why you're hiding from me. Life will coax us and force us to strange places, blackbird, peculiar places no one else has ever seen. Tell me what you see in your world." It was her thoughts he thirsted for; this was his curiosity demanding the stage, making itself the more important of the things on his mind. It, of course, didn't escape him that she was weak, that she could not offer much of a fight. Bane respected women in the simplest of senses; why take what he wanted when she so willingly gave it to him? Carefully, slowly, he lowered his fingers to her neck, feeling her skin beneath her fur. She was warm now.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread