In the Darkness You Came to Me
[html]

cakeA battlefield; this was a comparison Bane had heard many times before. From others he had once known who preferred to refrain from overusing words, he could see in their eyes, and in their actions, that they would have agreed with the lady on that count. It wasn't necessarily a bad way to view the world. It was perhaps a lonely life, but most led lonely lives. Everyone walked a path that existed only for them, and occasionally their paths would cross, if they were meant to, if they would learn from it. There was so much more than this, so much more than her defeat.

cake"Is it possible," the dark wolf asked her, his words slower than they would have been normally, vaguely distracted as he was with her scent filling the room, "then, that everything that you've lived through, and everything you've experienced in your life, as well, has led you to me?" He was smiling then. There was nothing he was suggesting, nothing he was implying to her; Bane would never be so presumptuous as to assume he knew what Fate held in store for the world. He did know that there were reasons they, as mortal and fallible as they were, could never really quite comprehend. There were reasons here neither he nor her would know until they were meant to -- if ever they were meant to.

cake"I believe that we live out God's plan. We follow a script, we exist to learn more of the universe, perhaps ourselves, before moving on into blissful oblivion, for greater things, greater purposes. All the world's a stage." A pause. He hadn't yet moved his hand, or any part of his body, for that matter, minus his mouth so as to speak. "We were meant to meet. You were meant to find me, even if in such a violent manner. Perhaps this doesn't comfort you, but in time I believe all things will be revealed. There is a reason for this." His faith was unshakable, so much was obvious from the calmness and serenity in his voice.

cakeWhen finished speaking, he moved away from her finally, lowering his arm. The doctor believed in his willpower, in his self-control. He did things that others would condemn, but never did he do these things because he didn't want to. He did them because they were what he was meant to do. She was weak in body, not in spirit or mind; she was beautiful in a way he couldn't quite define, and he wanted her just as he had that night. But he understood now was neither the time nor the place. And so he simply looked at her, silent as he watched the quiet struggle within her, understanding that perhaps the inner peace he had wasn't so easily available to others.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread