my mind has wings
[html]
Even when drunk, even when lightheaded or high as a kite, Bane retained that darkness about him, the surrealism that affected the air around him in peculiar ways. He retained that intensity in his eyes, the piercing blue that could see straight through steel. It was there then when she spoke in response, and he laughed a quiet laugh that was neither derisive nor sarcastic. No, this was perfect, this angel that Fate had given him tonight. He had once told a woman he knew the future; he knew this, now, what was to happen, and he knew he would enjoy playing along with God's script here. What to learn tonight?

"King's fine, Angel," he told her as he moved closer, a smile pleasantly twisting his features. "Are you here to bring me to your father? I've never particularly believed in Hell, Angel, but I suppose if anyone's to convince me..." He trailed off, his eyes set steadily on her face, her body, unmoving. The city had nothing to offer any longer. With neither words nor acknowledgement, he offered her his bottle, knowing she would accept.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread