come on in, the water's fine
[html]

^_^
Words: 300+

Startled, Coli nearly toppled into the lake as she whirled to look at the werewolf that had approached her. Trying to calm her racing heart, the easily-spooked girl laughed nervously, brushing her wet hair from her delicate muzzle. "Ah! Y-yes, take a seat. Glasses might have been helpful, but you're welcome to share a b-bottle or two...!" She edged nearer to the lake, offering more space for the unfamiliar lady to sit. In her sad, pensive mood, she would welcome the company - maybe life would start making sense, discussed with a stranger she might never meet again. They wouldn't have any expectations, right...? Nobody could be disappointed in her, out here by the lakeside... The sky had just begun to turn colours, ushering in the sunset. A few stray streaks of orange here, a touch of dusty purple there. They would have a good view.

"I'm Coli," she said with a shy smile, ears back hesitantly. No need for full names or ranks here - they were off pack lands. For once, she could just be herself, rather than the unwanted bastard daughter of Haku Soul. Although she didn't know what it meant anymore, to "be herself". She never really had a "self", did she? "Here, have you ever had this stuff before? I brought a couple different coloured ones, but I don't know what they all taste like yet. I just w-wanted to try something... new." It was a step in the right direction, she thought, and offered the sandy-white furred Optime the open bottle. Brave wolves weren't afraid of strangers, right? They could have an anonymous conversation without fearing each other. Coli could try that. Already, the gulp of wine she'd managed to swallow was making her more thirsty, willing to give it another swig. Just pour it more slowly, and it wouldn't splash all over her fur this time. Take it slow.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread