come on in, the water's fine
[html]

Words: 300+

"'Brigadier General'... that sounds important," Coli mused, lapping at her red wine. "I'm just a lowly peon in Dahlia de Mai." Crimson Dreams was a pack on good terms with Dahlia; that was lucky. It would be strange for someone from Inferni, for example, to relax in their halcyon hiding place. Anu didn't sound happy about the rank, though... Maybe it was too much responsibility? "My best friend is our Rosea, our Alphess. She's always too busy, running around, enforcing rules, keeping things in order... I still haven't had a chance to talk to her, not really. I was missing for a year, and she still couldn't find the time to catch up with me..." She knew it sounded whiny, but it was one of the things eating her up inside. Cercelee had been like a sister to her when they were pups. Then horrible things happened, and Coli lived in utter solitude for a year. Maybe she had been hoping that she and Cer could go back to the way they were as children, despite everything that had changed. Time was cruel.

Anu's pale gaze turned on her, asking her that same question that she tried to ask herself. Who are you trying to impress? Coli drew idly on the surface of the water with her claw, shooing away a pond skater that danced too near. "Someone. Anyone." she mumbled, finally drawing her knees up to her chest. "I've always been a nobody. I'm too shy to stand out. I have no talents to make me special. My family doesn't want me. I'm not looking for popularity, but if I could find a mate, I'd never ask for anything more...! But..." Coli let her voice trail off, taking another gulp of her wine bottle. It was already half-way down. "Ah, don't mind me, Anu. I'm pretty pathetic. Just enjoy your break from Crimson Dreams...!" She smiled, giggling softly. It was oddly fun, letting everything out like this. The more she spoke, the more she wanted to laugh.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread