come on in, the water's fine
[html]

For every sip she took and minute that passed Anu became more relaxed, actually finding happiness in the version of her life she portrayed. It didn’t seem so bleak, not as the sun set before the pair, and Anu grew more and more content with the other females company. She missed simple companionship, missed the moments in time where she only had to be herself and discard hopes of the future. Anu could so clearly see the need Coli had, for reassurance and an ear to listen. For once Anu was more then happy to fill that role, and ask nothing in return.

Happy to hear that she wasn’t upset with her Anu brought her eyes back to the earthen toned female. Coli’s words filtered into her buzzing brain, tapping against her ear drums and remaindering her she wasn’t alone. . Eyeing the way she swept her mane out of her eyes Anu thought idly what it would be like if she grew out her own, instead of cutting it so short. Focusing, Anu gave a small laugh at the absurd words. Not care? It was a shame that Coli would think that, and she wondered what she had experienced to make her so sure that was the truth.

I don’t know how to change either. The alcohol began to play with her words, letting them fall from her lips with little restraint. Really, your not pathetic. Anu stood her ground on the subject. In her own world Anu didn’t want to be a pitiable creature, though more often then none she felt like one. Your smart, and pretty too. Don’t sell yourself short Coli. I would totally… She clamped her mouth closed, and turned her eyes back to the lake, forgetting her control for the moment. The thought made her laugh silently, and how true the secret was made her blush. Her tone was lower then the cheer that was spread so thickly before, I don’t know how they don’t notice you… they must be blind.

Anu looked back at her, the laugh in her voice gone as well as the contents of her bottle. Was there no one to make her feel special? What kind of pack would let such feelings consume her?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread