I've Come For You
Her words confused him, as words often did. She said she didn't hate him, but she had attacked him earlier. He was good at detecting lies, usually, anyway. She didn't seem to be lying, and that confused him further. One thing he also knew was that not all lies were the same. Sometimes wolves hid behind the meaning of a word, using it in an obscure way to confuse him. Pallok would have said something like that...something like 'I don't think you're stupid. You're just dim,' which Brennt had eventually found out meant that Pallok thought he was dumb, even though Pallok hadn't sounded like he was lying when he said it. Words were senseless and Brennt didn't like them. Nonetheless, even though she said she was sorry, he didn't respond. He wanted her to go away, why was she laying down?

He waited, listening to the words she said next, straining to understand everything: what she said, how she said it, why she was trying to act friendly when what she said to him would make her angry, and why she acted like she didn't hate him when she attacked him. Eventually, his half-lidded eyes narrowed further, and he bared his fangs, a gesture that somehow looked empty, devoid of the viciousness it was meant to impart. He wanted her to leave, just to leave, and not to try and confuse him with all of her words. Snarling and growling didn't make her words go away, not unless he carried through and attacked her, which he didn't want to do here, so close to his new friend.

"You're a liar, Cwmfen! You attacked first. Your friend tried to steal my food! You're saying I'm bad, but you're bad! You're a liar!" He didn't like her, he didn't like what she was doing. He didn't like that her stripes were distracting him again, that she was pretty again, that he wanted her...but wanted her to not be here, too. He disliked and liked her, and it made his head hurt. Her words were nice, but he knew she was not nice, and he wanted all the confusion to go away again, and to play with Maz like he did before, and for Cwmfen and all the other attackers to leave him be and not get in his way when he wanted their puppies, because he needed their puppies, and they could make more. It wasn't fair that she was here, and he didn't know if he wanted to chase her away or not.

Messages In This Thread