I've Come For You
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... fenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

He seemed confused, uncertain. It was a dangerous thing for an animal. Confusion and uncertainty made one suspicious, untrusting, made one edgy and susceptible to fear or anger. Such things lead to attack, to chase away that which was confusing. And the female knew that the male interpreted life simply, and it was all that she knew about him. And so she was careful as she lay there, quite still and relaxed so as to not provoke action on his part. The white orbs, for a moment, avoided making direct contact. All these things, these primeval and basic things that wolves knew the female used, not for deception but to gain his trust. And she knew it would be a difficult thing. It was difficult to trust one that had attacked you. She had felt the same with the coyote when he had found her several days ago. She had felt confused and edgy, and she too had wanted to attack. It was the basic instinct of a wolf and it applied to the warrior just as strongly, for she lived simply and physically. And so, when his eyes finally narrowed and he snarled at her, it took a great amount of her control to remain unmoving, to ease herself into relaxation, for the warrior, unafraid, was moved to rise and greet that snarl in the way she knew how.

The woad bound ears swiveled slightly, as if unsure for a moment whether to flatten in aggression or to listen to his words. They settled finally upon the latter as she met those yellow eyes, searching them but blocked once again by that strange dullness. It was strange. She had never met another creature like him before. It was a new experience, and the novelty of it had not yet worn off. "I’m a warrior, and warriors cannot wait for someone to attack them. I had to attack first...." She spoke softly and slowly as she explained herself, perhaps needlessly. The black, woad marked fae shifted slightly, folding her paw beneath her chest. But the female did not quite understand him; Kol did not strike her as one to steal food, especially when there was a pack who had the hunters to provide for others. Perhaps this was simply another misunderstanding, and perhaps the warrior would not be forced to take measures. In a way, this saddened the female. It would have been nice to move her body once more. "Perhaps that does make me bad...." It was all a matter of perception, and the female knew of such things all too well.

"I would not have minded so much if you had only attacked me," the female continued softly, her voice still gentle and non-threatening, "But I cannot ignore an attack upon my friend. I can't say that I agree with your eating... habits... but they were not Dahlian wolves, nor the creatures of any other pack. My concern is for my friend, and I can't have you attacking my wolves." The warrior knew of certain beings that ate their own kind.... Such a thing had never really bothered her, for she understood that for some, meat was meat and food was food. But she highly doubted that her packmates agreed with such a thing, and she knew that society forbade it. "You have to be careful when you eat.... You were once a pup too." The female did recognize the importance of young, of their promise to the futures of the world.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread