I've Come For You
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... fenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

I won’t be able to reply again until later tonight, ^=^ But thanks for the quick replies!
500+

His mannerisms told her that he was becoming aggravated, that she was provoking him unintentionally. The white orbs watched him carefully, her senses alert and made acute by necessity. But his eyes had not become clear.... She wondered, however, if that were even a precursor to his aggression. She remembered back to when he had attacked her the first time—or perhaps, as he said, it was she who had attacked him. Whatever the case, the yellow eyes had not become clear until after she had pushed him off of her.... Yet time had gone so fast and she had been in the thick of the fight. It was difficult to place the events in time. Yes, she could see and she could fight, but at times, Time became an illusion. It was one of the beauties of the fight, but it seemed that here, when she needed that trifle information, it became a hindrance. Still, the female was reluctant to move, reluctant to completely ruin her obviously failing attempts. She was silent, but every moment she waited, the male grew closer to an attack.

"Yes, I believe you," the alto melody countered, "But you must understand that the others do not like it when you eat pups." She was as patient with herself as she could be. At the moment, all of her instincts screamed at the warrior to rise, to relinquish her position upon the earth where she was so vulnerable. She took a calming breath, an imperceptible gesture that calmed her muscles that bid her to move. And it seemed that, at the moment, finding the will to be still was a greater battle than with another. "My other friend attacked to save the black one. Friends do that...." She was sure he would understand, he who judged her so severely on such grounds. But would that make him calm? Somehow, the female doubted it.

Her hackles rose involuntarily in response to the male’s own display. But otherwise the female did not threaten the male with other physical displays. Her eyes only sharpened slightly as the male continued. "Do not call me such things. What must I do to let you see that I don’t lie?" The female’s words were a little louder than they had been, but as she continued, the alto melody softened once more. "You mock me now. You do me wrong. Why do you thwart my efforts of goodwill?" The female did not have to take her time with the male. It would have been easier for the warrior to simply come and physically reprimand him, to attack him openly and without warning, only to tell him later why she had done so. Such a thing would not have bothered the female, for as a creature of war, she was expected to defend the honor of her packmates. Perhaps Kol had wronged Brennt, or perhaps Brennt had wronged society. Whatever the case, the female was not a part of it. Her only part was with Dahlia and the trouble Brennt had caused.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread