I've Come For You
His hackles stayed raised, and his eyes stayed locked on hers, but something inside of Brennt was dissolving. Something Cwmfen had said was upsetting him, but differently than the rest. He was angry at her, and he didn't feel like that anger had weakened at all, but something stronger was burgeoning beneath it, something welling up and threatening to overcome the hostility that was apparent everywhere but his eyes. Suddenly, a slight whimper escaped his throat, and though his teeth remained bared in a token attempt at looking ferocious, something that might have been the barest shadow of sadness crossed his glazed eyes.

Much of her words were lost of him as his body shuddered, and his eyes changed very slightly, as if something inside were trying very hard to express some emotion, but couldn't quite open the shutters to the window outside. Brennt's posture slumped slightly, and he rested a little lower on his feet, his knees bent slightly. Some of his body language said he would attack, but much of the rest said otherwise. Awful pressures were building up inside of him, the familiar anger and frustration competing with something unknown and unpleasant, which he hadn't dealt with before.

"I can eat all the puppies I want, because mother shouldn't've had them. She had me. I loved her lots. She had me, and I loved her lots more than her new puppies would. I was her puppy, me." The whimper was louder in his voice, now, and his mind didn't work fast enough to wonder why he was saying this to Cwmfen, who he hated. The words--for words were probably the only way to express how it all made him feel--poured out of him, whether they were coherently strung together or not.

"She had me. She didn't need more! Why did she have more? Why did she not love me anymore? I'm not stupid! I'm not!" He was screaming at her now, at Cwmfen, but in truth, he was simply screaming in her presence. The outburst had nothing to do with her, but for right now, that didn't matter. The unbearable pressure which he hadn't even known was there came spilling out. "Pallok made fun of me, he called me stupid. Fern thought so, too, and Hylfi..." the whimpering had risen to a fevered pitch. "But I'm not! Mother said I'm not! Why did she love them more than me? I loved her more than anybody!" His screaming had ground back down into a choking bark, and for everything, his eyes had only barely changed. Whatever was inside, it had difficulty getting out. This might be the only time in its life that it managed to use words so prolifically.

Messages In This Thread