I've Come For You
I figured she could either let him go, or follow him and try to pursue a conversation with the predator. I know it interests her, and she hasn't gotten to really talk with him about it yet, so it makes sense =P

Brennt's dead yellow eyes rose up to the sky, where they stayed, trying to fight back the surging feelings within him that were pouring out. The noises that had come from him, the whimpers and barks and other outward signs of distress ceased, and his body seemed to relax, calming back down again, his breathing came in regular inhalations, and his fur sat back. His legs straightened. When he brought his eyes back down the the woad-marked female, his eyes were bright and alive, in a way they never could be when he spoke with anyone.

It said nothing as it considered her, the cause of its frustrations only a moment ago. She couldn't hurt or confuse it now, it was certain. She could fight it, but it had an innate understanding that the weapon she had used against it moments before would be ineffectual, now. Words always were when it stopped thinking like the others thought, when it stopped trying to use words itself. No, the predator knew what it was, and it knew how to effectively conduct itself around other wolves, which was something that it knew was impossible if it did things their way.

The idea of attacking Cwmfen stayed in its mind as it stared, but eventually it decided against this. Slowly, for it understood--despite all appearances--that she was agitated, too, it walked away from her, not back into Halifax but along the border. It would walk away, and it would eat, or explore, or mark some trees, and that would be the end of it. Brennt didn't want to talk to Cwmfen, and now it knew that there would be no talking. The predator had been used primarily as a weapon, but that was far from its only function. It could not communicate with her, but it did not want to fight her, either. It would go its own way, and when it started talking again, she would be gone and concepts which the predator didn't understand, such as the hurt she had caused and the torrent of higher emotion she had triggered, would be gone, too.

Messages In This Thread