ARCHIVE HIGHLIGHT: My next character
Hi! My comments:

Size
You list that she's 27 inches tall, 64 inches long and weigh 115 pounds in her Lupus form. Wiki says that on average, grey wolves (you haven't listed a specific wolf species so I assumed it was the gray wolf) measure 26-38 inches in height, and 4,5-6,5 feet in length. Both of these are fine and work well with your setting your character up as a smallish wolf. The weight, however, does not. Wiki says this on wolf weight:

Quote:Wolf weight varies geographically; on average, European wolves may weigh 85 lbs, North American wolves 80 lbs, and Indian and Arabian wolves 55 lbs.[6] Though rarely encountered, extreme specimens of more than 77 kg (170 lb.) have been recorded in Alaska, Canada[7], and the former Soviet Union.[8]

... which means that your wolf is quite heavy. Since she's smallish and lean, and not strong, this does not fit. For the secui and optime forms what you have written should be fine though, as the weight increases quite well with form descriptions. As I see it your character's weight in optime form is fairly "smallish", fitting the description.

Weapon choice
You write that she is not strong, but (it seems) more of the agile, runner type. Because of this, I see her more easily with a knife than with a bow, or simply hunting/fighting with her natural strength as a predator, in wolf form. As Requiem pointed out - archers are fairly strong (I've tried this myself, it's hard work to fire many arrows in a row!). After reading Lin's post, I'd say that staves sound really cool, and that form of fighting require more precision and agility than actual strength, and thus fits your character very well(!). If you don't like the staff there are lots of other cool weapons that rely more on agility than pure strength as well.

Skills
You list a lot of skills she has, without letting us know how she has learnt them. It is fun for both you and readers to weave it into the person's background, as it adds more depth. It also offers you something to write about in your threads!

Personality
Like Lin mentioned, you may have trouble playing a character whose personality traits are somewhat contradicting. I did that with Mew, my first character, and instead of changing her right away I set up a list of things that she likes, dislikes, things she would or would not react on, and how her reaction patterns would be in a situation - which let me play her weird personality without having to change her too much from post to post. It helped me a lot and I'd recommend it to anyone if they want to make sure they play their characters smoothly, without jumping their personalities up and down.

Hope any of this is helpful Smile

Messages In This Thread