the cold, suffocating dark goes on forever
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i41.tinypic.com/2hrctw6.png); width: 519px; height: 437px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 5px; position: relative; left: 100px; top: 55px; width: 280px; height: 300px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

Sure! He can hop in now or after your next post. Either works Smile

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

A smile. It was such a foreign thing to be directed at him. For a split second he wondered if the marked warrior might be a sort of angel. Perhaps she was, though not in the traditional sense. Traditional angels wouldn't bother with him. She was made of nothing more than flesh and blood. But having someone actually come to assist him in his hour of need. She was the closest thing to an angel as he would ever get. He let her look over his wound. The man himself was unable to see the extent of the damage. The pain he felt and his knowledge of how it had occurred were his only indicators. But for someone who spent his life in combat it wasn't hard to imagine. For a moment his pride was reluctant to accept help from anyone but her, but he pushed it aside quickly. He knew that he teetered on the edge of oblivion.

Onus did his best to make it easier for her to lift him from the ground, but the help was minimal at best. His strength had more or less left him. That was why he had been lying there in the first place. At least with her assistance and support his legs would still move and he turned with her towards the city. He was lucky that she knew someone who could assist and the knowledge that they dwelt in the city comforted him. The woman's words struck at his stony heart. She truly was concerned for him. Somebody actually cared about him? It was something the man had never known, not even from his youngest days. "I will." While his body was loosing the battle, his will to live was far from finished.

Thinking of the creature that he had encountered gave him a sort of strength. A righteous fury. Lips curled in a faint snarl. "Some vile creature of darkness. A type of evil I have never encountered before. A pitch dark wolf save for a ring of white." He had a feeling that she would know who the beast had been. He had fought like her. Where her energy was light, his had been black. How the two were related he couldn't say, but somehow they were.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread