the cold, suffocating dark goes on forever
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... fenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

She smiled, but only faintly, before she looked away. But the warrior believed him, and believed that he would do such a thing and succeed. It was strange to believe another so completely, especially when such a thing as her father’s life was involved, for none had yet defeated him. She knew that she could not.... If he did, it would be as if it were preordained. While he was walking with her support, walking as he died, she knew that next time he would not be killed so easily. Perhaps he had never met someone like Corvus—she was sure that he had not. She had not. She had never met anyone like him, so complete in his darkness. And thus she felt that dilemma, that struggle between intrigue, awe, and fear. She had blieved that she had left it all behind when she had come to ‘Souls and joined Dahlia de Mai, for surely she had come here for just that purpose. But it had been a mistake to think so. And now, because of her mistake, people were made to suffer.

Bane answered her knocking almost immediately, as if he had been expecting them. And she thought it strange that it were so as if once more their meeting was not mere chance. It had never been that way, even when she had first met him in this city, had known him in the darkness. But there was no time for contemplative thought as the full urgency of the situation filled the room. With the male’s help, she did as she was told, leading the dying vigilante to the table where she once was healed by this man’s grace. There was a tension in the air for a moment between the two, but that urgency broke it away for this crucial moment at least. As Onus’ body was placed upon that elevated surface, the weight lifting from her was more than noticeable to the woad marked woman. Her fingers explored the raised scar that trailed her back for a moment as if soothing it before she straitened herself.

The rainwater dripped onto the floor. Quickly, as the men exchanged those necessary words, the warrior returned to the door where she proceeded to shake her coat so as to not create a slick surface upon the ground of the house. And returning, she caught the last bit of the masked man’s words as she adjusted the feather in her mane. His resolve was great, that was certain, for it would have taken more than mere strength to be able to pull oneself from something like that, and the wound told enough of that tale for anyone to know—it leaked all over the floor too. Turning, she said to the black wolf, "I found him like this not far from here—you’re the only one I know equipped for such work...." She searched those blue eyes before continuing. "If there’s anything I can help you with, I will do my best to assist you." And perhaps more than just that. But she did not know how well she would be able to help, so unfamiliar as she was concerning the human world.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread