the cold, suffocating dark goes on forever
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i41.tinypic.com/2hrctw6.png); width: 519px; height: 437px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 5px; position: relative; left: 100px; top: 55px; width: 280px; height: 300px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

It's ok, it happens

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

He was calm. Calmer than most would be in his condition, even hardened warriors. Perhaps it was because he had stared death in the face before when he was but a child. Death didn't scare him. Not really. It was the inevitable end to all things. He only hoped that by the grace of this man and Cwmfen his days wouldn't end here and now. He still had years of good he could do. The man wasn't a youth anymore, far from it, but he kept himself in extraordinary shape. He succumbed to no vices. He was in better shape than some people half his age. Hopefully his body wasn't ready to give up its ghost just yet. At least let me finish that demon. At least give me that. Onus didn't pray though. If there were gods they were deaf and blind to this world.

The coyote actually had somewhat of an idea what the wolf was talking about. One of the books he had had as a youth was one on human anatomy. While not exactly the same, it was very similar to that of an optime formed canine. He knew the jugular was an artery and of crucial importance. It was probably amazing he had made it this far with such a condition. He valued the straightforwardness of this man. He was telling things like they were, exactly what Onus wanted. Hidden eyes followed as two pills were set beside him. He would not take them now. He could handle the pain and he wanted to stay alert. If he were going to be drugged he wanted a better idea if he would wake up again or not afterwords.

The vigilante didn't bother saying anything more. What this surgeon said required no response and he knew it was best to preserve his energy. He didn't flinch a muscle as the man began to stitch his severed artery back up. There was pain yes, but he took it in stride. The only sign of his coping with it was a clenched jaw. Nothing more. He felt his lifeblood cease to leak from him, at least with such rapidity, and was relieved. But he had lost a large amount of the vital fluid already. Would stopping it be enough? He trusted the man would tell him if he were going to die.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread