Had Me at Hello
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/ ... blebg1.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Ares didn't even notice a sharp projecticle was being launched at his head until mere seconds before impact, or miliseconds for the matter. He felt the hair on the top of his skull tingle as air whisked by. He heard the thud of the arrow crack into the wood behind him and just couldn't stop himself from picturing it as his head. Guess it wasn't going to be as easy as he thought meeting new wolves. He was preparing himself for some cold shoulders but not for some lethal pierced body parts! And then he was rushed by a wolf speaking a different language. At first he thought it was a follow-up up attack but he soon realized that the female seemed to be apologizing, or cursing at him. Things could have gone both ways.

Finally the wolf used normal english and Ares could pick up on her concern. He was still a little shaken and taken aback, his posture a little bristly and defensive. But he soon relaxed as he saw the honest concern in the wolf's eyes. He must have just walked into some sort of shooting range without knowing it. He put on a smile and let out a little nervous chuckle.

"I'm fine, although I think I should go and ponder on the life that just recently flashed before my eyes," Ares responded teasingly, showing the other wolf that he had no hard feelings. "My name is Ares and I'm new around here. I'm sorry about strutting into a shooting range, I really had no idea. Awesome aim by the way, unless you were trying to hit something else. Then you should practice a bit more," Ares said, laughing again.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread