things I hate about you.......
[html]
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7228 ... bottom.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

His ears flicked in irritation. Safe? He could take care of himself, one hundred percent. Besides, whar did she care if he was safe? Maybe it was nice to have someone care about you, to wait for you to come home when you went out at night, stay up worrying. Yet if it meant returning the favor he wasn’t sure if he was ready to sign up. “I told ya, the mother wanted them here.” His girlfriend, that had been the story he had given her, and though she hadn’t even known the truth, she also hadn’t known which parts were lies. That was the way it should be. Women didn’t have to know everything. Men had to keep some secrets too.

Her words continued and he felt perhaps he was just too hung over to deal with them. Lysander felt too miserable to lie, at least as skillfully as he felt the situation warranted, but he did not want to dismiss her words entirely. She wanted to be his everything? That was a new one to him. Women came and went, none of them, once they learned his game, wanted to stick around. That was just not the way it worked. “I’m not going to kick ya out anytime soon…” It was simply the most commitment he could offer her at the moment. She came and went through his cabin as she pleased anyway.

The last offer however was an interesting one. Children? She would birth his children? It was a scary and strange thought. Although he had immensely enjoyed Emwe and Conor, he had never thought of himself as a father. Didn’t even want to be a father. He wanted to be a friend, uncle and keeper of the living toys. Somehow, he thought, that was not what Winnie had in mind. Maybe one day he would want to be a father, maybe. Turning his head to lock eyes with her, his voice was serious, or as serious as he had been in a long time. “Could I get a rain check for that?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread