Hello World, this is me
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
You made the right choice. And, lucky for you I have no life, so I can get on this right away!

By the way, I don’t believe there are thunderstorm’s in December. Oh, well. We’ll just pretend the thunder part didn’t happen, yes? Wink

It was odd how high the percentage of the Bleeding Souls’ population was transient, at least it had always struck Phoenix as such. Hardly anyone stuck around these days. Having grown up without a home, now that he had one he never intended to leave. He could certainly understand the sensation of curiosity and the desire to see the great wide world out there beyond the mountains lining their chaotic little valley. But Phoenix was a simple wolf—in the sense that it didn’t take much to make him happy—and he was content living a simple lifestyle.

Not that Phoenix’s life could in any way be described as simple. Here he was, a reluctant alpha. A telepath who could barely control his abilities. A father of seven but only four at home. He had just come out of an unpleasant confrontation with the leader of the coyote clan, and he didn’t know if he could trust half the alphas of the other packs. All Phoenix had ever really wanted was to settle down and live out the rest of his days as peacefully as could be. But life had a way of depriving him of what he wanted, even if—ironically—it meant having what many other wolves dreamed of having.

It was beginning to rain, but paranoid old Phoenix wanted to make one final sweep of the borders, just in case. There was no such thing as too careful for the father, and he wanted to keep a lookout in case any of his wayward children ever returned to him. Instead, he found someone else’s child at the borders, and she didn’t exactly look like a well-cared for child. Even though he was in halfling form—which was massive compared to even an adult wolf—Phoenix approached the child slowly and with his tail down, trying to look as unintimidating as possible. “I’m sorry t’say, Chimera’s been gone for a good long time, miss,” he stated. “Longer’n you’ve been alive, from th’looks of it. This here’s Storm, an’ I’m the alpha, Phoenix. We used t’be neighbors of Chimera. What’s a youngster like you lookin’ for ‘em for?” The youth may have been unlucky in her search, but she was at least fortunate that she had been found by someone with a bleeding heart for homeless pups.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread