Hello World, this is me
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
Short post because I really should be getting to bed.

This weather was unhealthy, especially for one young or unused to it. It was odd to think that just spending too much time in the life-giving but cold rain could make one sick, but it was true. Thankfully his own children by now had to be warm and dry in their den with their mother, awaiting his return. He wanted to get back to them, but couldn’t until he had seen to his young guest at the border. “We should get outta th’rain,” he suggested, hoping her obvious naïve trusting nature would serve her one more time before it became a liability and caused her trouble. “There’s an abandoned den nearby, we could go dry off in there.” He turned and motioned for the pup to follow before heading off in a brisk march to retreat from the miserable weather.

Still, some things were even more miserable than the weather. Phoenix truly hated being the bearer of bad news. Life was miserable enough as it was without having the burden of adding to another’s grief. It was no persiflage to tell a child looking for her father that her goal was now most likely unattainable. Phoenix had known few members of that pack when they had been around, and the only one who’s fate he was sure about now lay buried in his own packlands. He couldn’t have been this pups’ father, though. Nevertheless it wasn’t in his nature to assume to situation was hopeless until he knew for sure. “You’re describin’ th’right place,” he said to her. “But th’pack disbanded an’ left th’lands. Who were your parents?” he asked as they walked, just to make sure.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread