Hello World, this is me
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
Touch was a personal matter for the massive male. He had mostly grown up without it, and so in his mind it was a big deal. It was only desired from his mate and his family; with friends it was tolerated. Strangers up against him made him uncomfortable, though it was less the case with children. Phoenix found in innocent naivety of young pups charming, but for a girl getting to be her age it could be downright dangerous in these hazardous lands. Still, there was something about this girl that drew back the curtain over his heart. He just had to help her, take her in and watch over her as she grew into an adult. He’d done it with plenty children that were not his own before, one more could just add to the happiness, assuming she never left.

“Course you can,” he said. Looking down at the white youngster leaning against him, he gave her an encouraging smile. Storm was the perfect place to begin a new life, just as he had—him and his mate, his first adoptive daughter, her mate… and others. “You can even be a full member of Storm. If you can hunt for yourself at such a young age, that’s really impressive. You seem a bit young for th’lehrling rank, so we’ll start you out as a puppy. I have three children of my own at home, a bit younger’n you, but you can come over an’ play with ‘em whenever you like—I’m sure they’d love a new friend. If you ever need anythin’ don’t be shy t’ask, okay?”

And so the cycle began anew—Phoenix wondered what kind of future this girl would have in Storm. Would she settle down here, find a mate and start a family and climb the ranks? Or would she be one of the ones to drift away without so much as a goodbye, or join whichever pack her family was hidden away in? Time would tell. “By th’way, what’s your name, miss? I don’t think you gave it t’me yet.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread