Hello World, this is me
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
The Alpha couldn’t and didn’t expect someone so young to be able to bring down anything more ambitious than small prey. It was far too dangerous, which he knew from first-hand experience. The large scar on his right foreleg, right above Selene’s head, served as a constant reminder. He almost dreaded the day that his children would participate on their first deer hunt, but it was also a right of passage of sorts into adulthood. He couldn’t keep them from that forever, as much as he sometimes wished he could. “Well… squirrels are off-limits here in Storm. We have a member here who has squirrels for... friends. But if y’need help learnin’ how t’fish, I’m sure he would be glad to teach you how. His name’s Pilot.” He didn’t feel like explaining the exact relationship between Pilot Haddon and the creatures who had raised him. That extraordinary story always engendered questions, and Phoenix wasn’t the one to ask.

Even if Selene was twice the age of his own children he was sure they would welcome her with open arms. The shock of losing their sister hadn’t completely worn off, and Phoenix knew it wouldn’t for a long time. Still, having a new playmate might help soften the pain a bit, fill that empty fourth slot in their favorite games. “Well.. a’course they can’t play in th’middle of th’night during their bedtime. But anytime durin’ th’day when you’re bored you should come an’ visit. Our den’s near the center of th’packlands, not far from th’river. It’s easy enough t’find.” Her name caused him to lose posture somewhat—it reminded him of one of his own wayward children. “I have a son I named after th’Moon too,” he said. “He’s all grown up now, an’ he left not too long ago. I hope you find your family, Selene. Family’s th’most important thing in th’world.” And yet he was always losing his own. It just wasn’t right.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread