Show me the way to the next whiskey bar
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

There was anger. Anger that they hadn't been truthful with him. Maybe it wouldn't have been such a harsh blow if it had come from them. But was that selfish? He didn't want his mother to live through what had happened to her again. She didn't deserve that. He didn't know what to think. Maybe they had just been trying to protect him. But he wasn't very protected now. Now he was just alone and lost and disgusted with himself and where he came from. He couldn't hate them though. They had given him everything he had had up to this point. Just because that had all been taken away now didn't mean it was their fault. They had done their best for him. It just hadn't been enough. Instead of answering he just took another drink.

The boy didn't understand why Heath was laughing. There wasn't anything funny about this. Maybe it was just the way the hybrid's mind worked. It sounded like he had known his past for a long while. It was all new to Haven. To him nothing was funny. He wondered if he even had the ability to laugh anymore. Heath's next question was valid. It may have been meant rhetorically, but Haven answered anyway. "I don't know. We both want to kill them but...would that make us just like them?" Would they turn into the very thing that they hated? Become a self-fulfilling prophecy? That was the last thing he wanted. But what else could he do? The man deserved to die, there was no question. Did he need to get blood on his hands and lower himself to that level to make things right?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread