Show me the way to the next whiskey bar
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Jade eyes watched listlessly as Heath's bottle rolled and then teetered on the edge of the bar. That's how Haven felt. Like he was teetering on the edge, waiting for someone or something to push him one way or another. In his mind he was as helpless as that bottle. He didn't believe that he could make his way out of this on his own. For the boy that once thought he was capable of anything, it was quite a disturbing feeling. His hand clenched his own bottle tighter, as if it gave him some false sense of control.

Haven gave a silent laugh at Heath's response. While it had been a while since he looked in a mirror, he knew he had to look like shit. He had done nothing to take care of himself. Even his already lean form was getting leaner from his lack of food. Even if he was a pathetic wreck, at least he knew he was a pathetic wreck. There were no delusions of grandeur in his head. The kid found it hard to believe things would get better. This wasn't like a cut, it wouldn't just go away with time. But since Heath knew what he was talking about, there was added weight to those words. "I hope you're right."

The burnt orange youth moved his head to the side, cracking his neck. "Hey, you wanna find something to eat? I suppose I should get something before I starve." He would be useless trying to hunt by himself right now, but maybe with Heath they could take something down. Even a little something.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread